Friday, September 24, 2010

Morning donuts

It was just a casual comment I made about a plate of donuts on the cover of Better Homes and Gardens magazine. "Don't these look yummy?" That was all I said. Next morning, I awoke to the most delicious aroma. I thought I was still dreaming. Turns out, Sweet Husband surprised me with home-made donuts. Just like the ones on the front cover of the magazine! This man is an over achiever I tell you.  Home-made! I didn't have the heart to tell him that the "Heavenly Donut Shop" was open 24 hours a day and was just down the street. Nor did I have the heart to tell him that I might as well scotch tape the delicious donuts directly to my thighs because that's where it's going anyway.
No.....I just smiled and hugged him and told him how wonderful he is. The donuts were good too. And pretty on the plate. Not so much on the thighs. This is a picture of what ten bazillion calories look like.

1 comment:

  1. I have been meaning to check out your blog for weeks now; it's great! :)

    I made these donuts as well a few weekends ago and they're so delicious! I had to comment on this because this is the issue that I am in, on page 171!

    ReplyDelete